Friday, November 14, 2008

A city full of people, and my favorite is that waitress
she treats me like one of those common vagrants
but i got nothin' to say,
unless i decide to step inside that Cafe
i only get to sit if i buy something to eat
otherwise i better keep movin' my feet down that street
and god damn she's a hard bitch
she treats me like i'm the dog that got into the garbage.
yeah i know the toilets are for customers
you aint gotta tangle with the way this puppet works.

Next day i walk into that cafe
holdin down that table with just a bag of corn chips.
people giving me an evil eye,
i wonder if she realize the only reason i'm here is because of her
making all this stir to see her.
I try to talk to her
and tell her that i love her, but she doesn't want to see me
i star at her face and shed a tear, going to the bathroom
i'm getting near.

So i stand at that bathroom sink, starring in the mirror.
drinkin free tap water..
thinkin'
"Damn, i shoulda been a better father..
to my daughter".

No comments: